Your Gateway to Whales in the Wild
Premier Whale Watch
The whole boat is yours! Experience an intimate encounter with humpback whales on your premier private whale watch. Enjoy expert interpretation of whale behavior as you watch mothers and calves, competition pods, and hear the whales’ underwater songs. On our quick and stable vessel, you’re close enough to touch the water! Remember to bring your camera. Your experienced captain will customize your whale watch for your best experience.
- Listen to the whales! Tune in to incredible whalesong with our hydrophone.
- Enjoy a front row seat, with only your friends and family aboard.
- Ideal platform for photography and filming!
- Captain Mikal designed and built our boat for balance and stability. Enjoy a smooth and stable ride!
Best Times of Day To Go
Morning Whale Watches:
The ocean is calmest first thing in the morning, making it perfect for early risers and those seeking serenity on the ocean.
Afternoon Whale Watches:
The wind picks up in Māʻalaea in the afternoon, providing a more adventurous ride. However, in just five minutes the boat can be in the lee of the West Maui Mountains and generally out of the wind. Additionally, the whales don’t mind choppy water. It often feels like they prefer it!
Sunset Whale Watches:
Enjoy a breathtaking golden hour on the water as the whales breach in the setting sun. Appetizers are provided, and you’re welcome to bring a bottle of wine.
Enjoy a two hour private whale watch designed to connect you with the wonder of humpback whales. Every winter they return to Maui’s waters to give birth and find a mate. Your captain and crew will share insight into whale behaviors as you view these charismatic beings from the boat, as well as about the latest in humpback whale research. Every trip is unique, designed to meet your interests.
Photographers will love our boat’s stable and open deck. There is plenty of space to set up a tripod, and videographers are also welcome. Would you like to book a photography instructor for your tour? Contact us for details!
- Includes Up To Six passengers.
- Check in: Slip 14, Maʻalaea Harbor.
- Snacks, water, and soft drinks provided.
- Bring: Sun protection, windbreaker, and a camera.
- Passengers will be provided a drybag for their personal items.